- Be aware that some lakes will or have been drawn down for the winter and some are just low..!
** NOTE -- With waterfowl hunting seasons hear,
there are many lakes that will be Closed or Partially Closed to fishing.
--Check below in reports for the Closure dates provided to us
that also include other special hunt date closures, etc..
* You should contact the lake or site directly for Closure updates and/or winter hours before going.
-- Other Lakes not mentioned in reports below that will have Closures are:
- Rice Lake is CLOSED to boat fishing till end of Duck & Goose season..
- Jim Edgar/Panther Creek State F&W Area Prairie Lake - Nov. 1st through Jan. 15th it is unlawful to access the lake for fishing until after 12:01pm
on Wednesday and Saturday..!
- - - - - -
- Check our sponsors on the right for your baits, tackle, guide options and more.
Visit their website links on the right..
- LOCAL PONDS & STRIP MINE LAKES -
- No New Reports -
- NORFORK LAKE in Arkansas
For current reports or to set up a fishing trip (we would recommend),
check Tom Reynolds of STR Outfitters at www.stroutfitters.com
- Here is latest Report from Tom :
" The lake is 1 1/2 feet below pool, with the cold weather and winds the water temp has dropped in the mid-fifties, the water visibility is good.
The cold weather will push the bait out from the creeks to the deep creek and main lake channels. The winter fishing pattern will be sooner this year if the weather continues as predicted.
The stripers are biting in the river, on the flats, and in the channels. Fish are biting on shad, shiners, topwater, & spoons.
I fished the river near the state line and caught 3, the fish were in 25 to 40 feet of water in the main river channel.
Stripers are also being caught on the south side of Cranfield Island, off Blue Lady, and off the channel above 101 bridge.5.
Look for them in waters from 40 to 100 foot of water. With the cold weather the stripers will be moving into their winter pattern early this year,
that pattern will consist of fishing the river channel with shiners, shad, and spoons.
Crappie are biting on minnows & small jigs on brush piles in 30 foot of water in the creeks and off the points.
Walleye will be staging for their spawn, with the cold weather the water temp will drop faster than normal and the walleye will begin their movement to the shallow pea gravel banks.
Rouges after dark will be the best bait.
ANDERSON LAKE - Site Office 309-759-4484
** This area is CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING for the season --
BANNER MARSH - 3 access points on Routes 24/9 3 mi. NE of Banner, with a 25HP limit. (309-647-9184)
** THIS AREA IS CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING
AND AS OF OCT. 31st, BANK FISHING ONLY ALLOWED AFTER 1PM but NO FISHING ALLOWED in EAST POINT ACCESS AREA ,
which is CLOSED TO ALL FISHING to provide a GOOSE REFUGE AREA during season till Feb. 1st - -
DOUBLE T STATE FISH and WILDLIFE AREA (3 miles northwest of Canton)
* * THIS LAKE IS CLOSED TO FISHING for the season and remains Closed till APRIL 1st, 2014 --
EMIQUON PRESERVE - Between Havana and Dickson Mounds Museum on IL Route 78
For more info and details on Emiquon, go to http://experienceemiquon.com
- No New Reports from here..?
* New permits are required for boating and fishing each year and are free and
available at Dickson Mounds Museum, 10956 N Dickson Mounds Rd, Lewistown, IL from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call The Nature Conservancy at (309) 547-2730.
- -Some of the site rules are: - No live bait except worms; - No bank fishing is allowed;
- No gas motors (not even on the boat) including ice augers.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older and authorized by the minor´s parent or legal guardian.
- Boating and fishing are permitted between sunrise and sunset with additional restrictions applying
during waterfowl hunting season when fishing is allowed only between Noon and sunset.
- * NO boating, fishing or ice skating access before 12:00 pm during waterfowl hunting season & be aware that hunting might occur on the Preserve other times as well.
- - Check their site for updated rules or go to Official Sight RULES file.
EVERGREEN LAKE - North of Bloomington to Exit #8 on I-39, and West just over 1-mile and turn left (south) at sign.
* This Lake has BOATING FEES and Evergreen Lake remains a 10 hp (or less) lake.
- No New Reports from here..
* * A Reminder that all areas of COMLARA County Park & Evergreen Lake,
except for the Visitor Center and Family campground area, WILL BE CLOSED December 5-8, 2013
for the Firearm Deer Management Program.
Fishermen wanting to fish can do so from SHORELINE ONLY at the Pumphouse, Campground Cove,
and Jone's Pond (Inside Campground) ONLY.
The Park/Lake will reopen on Monday, December 9, 2013. S.H. West Park near Leroy remains open.
- - A SOUTHERN PART OF EVERGREEN LAKE - AROUND DEER ISLAND and ALL OF SIX-MILE CREEK BAY IS CLOSED TO GAS MOTORS from Oct. 15th through JAN. 1st
to allow for resting areas for migratory waterfowl. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO STILL RUN A TROLLING MOTOR IN THESE AREAS ONLY.-
- - Also, the ENTIRE lake and park, with the exception of the Visitor Center and campground, is CLOSED to general use Nov. 22-24 and Dec. 5-8 for the Deer Management Program.
HENNEPIN-HOPPER LAKES - 2 miles South of Hennepin off IL Route 26, turn West on Road 810N and then next right.)
--For membership info, call (815) 481-0778 and talk to Site sup. Rick.
** Hennepin & Hopper Lakes will continue to be Closed to all public sport fishing ,
while the Wetlands Initiative and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) continue a renewed effort to remove invasive common carp from the lakes. --
- For more Details READ this latest news page.
-- And here is a NewTrib REPORT from survey results of mid Oct. 2013..
LAKE SHELBYVILLE - Between Shelbyville and Sullivan - LAKE OFFICE (217) 774-2020.
- Here is report from Guide Steve Welch for last week: "
The water temps have fallen from 49 to 47 and up in the very north end of the lake or shallow end they have dropped to 40. This has stopped that bite and the fish have backed off the bank.
No problem for me since I haven't been cork fishing anyway. This past Saturday in 14 degree wind chill temps we boated a three person 45-fish limit in less than forty minutes.So they are still really biting.
I am hovering over both brush and down trees and fishing down about ten-feet with my 1/4oz. Deep Ledge Jigs. You can hold these very still and move them back and forth very slowly while bumping into brush.
The big crappie do not want any action on the jig at all and they are lying flat on the bottom of these brush piles. The bigger profile of the 1/4oz. jig and we are using our biggest plastics in some variation of chartreuse or white.
We are using a stout ten-foot Norm's rod and an ultra-light spinning reel spooled with 8/3 Fireline Crystal. With the braided line you feel even the slightest tick,
but not to worry now these fish are just hammering those big jigs. We are fishing these rigs straight down in the thickest brush you can find.
We are still fishing the north end of the lake from Bo-Woods over to Wilborn. Once the lake starts to fall to winter pool this will bring the crappie out onto the deep ledges on the south end.
Then we will fish the south end but for now I am enjoying very short runs in the boat and catching tons of nice crappie.
I still have a few openings December 3-5, 9-10, 12-15 then we are pulling the boat for winter projects and preparing it for Kentucky Lake where I will be guiding the entire month of March
if anyone is interested just go to my website and check availability and my openings until July are also listed. Folks are booking every day so do not wait.
McMASTER LAKE at - SNAKEDEN HOLLOW - - NW of Peoria, just 1 1/2 miles East of Victoria South off IL Route 167,
there is a 10HP limit. 309-879-2607
** The Depot Bait and Tackle Store in Victoria, 2 blocks south of U.S. 167 on Union St. has live bait & tackle
open from an hour before sunrise till an hour after sunset, 7 days a week!!
Stop in and tell Duane & Becky we said HI, or give them a call at 309-879-2401
** THIS AREA IS CLOSED TO FISHING for the Season till Feb. 1st--
-- Check with them at The Depot Bait and Tackle Store in Victoria for Bait & current reports
and info on the 2 New Fishing Lakes the State Opened just north of this area.
REND LAKE -
- Crappie were FAIR-GOOD on jig and minnows around most any cover from 4 - 14 foot..
- Check with Todd Gessner Outdoors Guide Service on Rend Lake at 618-513-0520 for future fishing trips
and make sure to look into a stay at the new Gun Creek Fin, Fur & Feathers Sportsmens Club now with a bait shop too..
|The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rend Lake has partnered with the Rend Lake Lunker Busters
and Mt. Vernon Winnelson Company, to provide collection stations for recycling monofilament fishing line.
Monofilament fishing line can be damaging to our environment and harmful to wildlife and visitors
when not disposed of properly. Each year hundreds of animals are entangled in discarded fishing line.
In addition, the improperly discarded fishing line causes damage to boat motors and can even entangle swimmers
The recycling containers for monofilament line are provided at various locations around Rend Lake at the following boat ramps:
Dam West, Jackie Branch, Sailboat Harbor, Rend Lake Conservancy District, Ina, South Marcum, North Marcum, South Sandusky, North Sandusky, Rend Lake Resort, and Gun Creek.
While at the lake, visitors are asked to place all used fishing line in the newly placed recycle containers but please do not place cans, bottles,
or other trash in these special fishing line recycling bins. All used line that is collected will be sent to a manufacturer in Iowa where it will be made into fish habitat structures.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers encourages all visitors to pitch in to make Rend Lake a safer
and more beautiful place to recreate.
For more info feel free to contact the Rend Lake Project Office at 11981 Rend City Road, Benton, IL 62812
or by phone at 618-724-2493.
SPRING LAKE (South & North) - Just south of Pekin off Manito Blacktop, 5 miles northwest of Manito,
and there is a 25HP limit. (309-968-7135)
** THIS AREA IS CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING in Waterfowl Hunting Area
-- with BANK FISHING ALLOWED ONLY AFTER 1pm--
And Closed to shore fishing in hunting areas on Oct. 26th..
- AREAS THAT REMAIN OPEN TO BOATS ARE NORTH OF MAPLE ISLAND with ramp at north end at the Sky Ranch Road launch and IN PIKE HOLE with carry in boats --
-On December 25th boat fishing and shore fishing in the waterfowl hunting area will be allowed after 1:00 p.m. through the end of Canada Goose season.
OTHER REQUESTED LAKE and RIVER REPORTS THIS WEEK:
PRAIRIE LAKE in Jim Edgar/ Panther Creek State F&W Area -
- Dan sent us this photo
taken Sat. Nov. 10th of
!! NOTICE !! sign at Prairie Lake
He made the early morning drive there
to Muskie fish and got this surprise..
Closed to fishing on Wed. & Sat. mornings.!
- - We did hear the Muskie were Fairly Good at Lake Kinkaid with some real nice fish from weekend on big spinners..
- - - - SOME ILLINOIS POWER PLANT LAKES - - - -
BRAIDWOOD LAKE -
* * This Lake is CLOSED for the season --
CLINTON LAKE - Three miles east of Clinton off Route 10 or 54 Ph 217/935-8722.
A PORTION OF LAKE FROM ABOUT IP POINT UP TO 54 BRIDGE IS CLOSED
--A NO-WAKE speed limit is in effect from a half-hour after sunset to a half-hour before sunrise at Clinton Lake.
Signs will be posted at the lake for reminders and a Violation will lead to a $75 ticket.
New Regs for 2013: – No bow-fishing allowed in spillway which is considered a developed recreational area.
* Joe of Ol´ Joe´s Bait and Tackle is Open at this time for winter
from 5am - 11am 7 days a week for ALL your fishing needs
located on Rt. 54 in DeWitt at the Main street leading towards Mascoutin campgrounds and/or ramp.
He also has a large supply of Used Rods & Reels for sale. We enjoy stopping there for bait and his awesome jig skirts
- we can highly recommend you stop by or call Joe´ at 217-935-6244.
** Also, this is the place to get your FIZARDS .! AND he has a 24 hour bait machine up and running with some tackle and other machines coming soon..
- Joe has this report for this week " Could not wait to send this report on what is going on at Clinton Lake on DECEMBER 2,2013!!!!
The crappie are everywhere. Rip rap areas seem to be the hottest areas at least from the bank fishing reports.
Limits are so common that most are throwing back 9 inch fish!!! Reports of 10 - 13 inch crappie are daily. DeWitt Bridge is the hot spot!!!
Walleye being caught at bridge corners on jigs and MINNOWS ! Had a 5 pound walleye weighed in this morning.
Minnows best bait but lots of limits being caught on Slab Buster jigs.
White bass and stripers ... Also EXCELLENT on anything white or shiny, at all the bank fishing areas on Clinton... Watch for sea gulls in action..
I might need help to dip minnows if this weather holds for long. - Thanks & Good Fishing .!
* I have still been opening at 5am and plan on staying open as long as the fishermen want...
-- Stop by and see what they have to offer at Ol´ Joe´s Bait and Tackle....
- Matt sent these 3 photos and also says
the Crappie were GOOD over weekend
on jigs and minnows along
with Ol´ Joe´s Bait and advice.
* * Attention Clinton Lake Anglers:
* Houseboat Cove is no longer restricted as a spawning refuge.
* No bowfishing allowed in spillway which is considered a developed recreational area.
* And you may have heard that the Clinton Lake Marina has areas CLOSED TO FISHING ??
We hear that fishing from a boat is allowed in cove across from the marina - but No fishing around docks, slips, ramp or other marina property.?
REMEMBER the easterly area of Clinton Lake between the DeWitt (CH14) and the 48 bridges
is CLOSED FROM OCT. 10th through MARCH 31st to protect fish and wildlife. It will Re-OPEN April 1st..
COFFEEN LAKE - Southeast of Hillsboro off Rt 127 or south of Coffeen off Rt 185,
site office 217-537-3351.
-- There is a 25hp motor limit.
* During the Central Zone waterfowl season: No fishing north of the railroad tracks (upper pool) until after 1pm daily.
AND - The Entire site/ Lake will be CLOSED to all activities during the first and second deer firearms seasons
Nov. 22-24 and Dec. 5-8th.
LAKE SPRINGFIELD - At Springfield off I-55 Exit 94 and go the east.
- No New Report..
-- Check with Trevor at Big Reds Bait and Tackle for your bait and current reports
at 2193 Stevenson Drive in Springfield just a mile west from the lake dam.
You can call them at (217) 679-1800
LaSALLE LAKE - (815) 795-2448
** This Lake is CLOSED for the season --
NEWTON LAKE - 16-17 miles southeast of Effingham off Route 33.
As written in the fishing regs booklet :** The cold arm of Newton Lake shall be Closed daily
from one-half hour before sunrise until 1:00 pm to all fishing and boat traffic except for legal waterfowl hunters
during waterfowl season commencing with regular duck season through the close of the Canada goose and regular duck season.
Also, the Entire lake is Closed to fishing during the two regular gun deer seasons, Nov. 18-20 & Dec. 1-4.
POWERTON LAKE - One mile south of Pekin off Route 29 along Manito Blacktop.
---- site Office 309-968-7135
- - THIS LAKE IS CLOSED TO ALL FISHING
and REOPENS TO SHORE FISHING ONLY ON DEC. 23rd AND NO BOAT FISHING till FEB. 15th - -
SANGCHRIS LAKE - South of Springfield off I-55 Exit 82 and go east on Route 104 about 10 miles, with a 25HP limit.
-- Sangchris Lake site office at 217/498-9208 from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- No New Report for here..
-- Check with Trevor at Big Reds Bait and Tackle for current reports
at 2193 Stevenson Drive in Springfield on your way to lake..
* Sport fishermen may take carp, buffalo, suckers, and gar by bow and arrow devices, gigs or spears
(except during waterfowl season) but not within 200 yards of any developed recreational areas.
* West boat launch remains closed due to pending construction of new ramp and parking lot with unknown completion date at this time.
* * THE WEST and EAST ARMS OF LAKE and Small AREA NEAR DAM Are CLOSED DURING WATERFOWL SEASON
to boat traffic through Jan. 31, 2014
(during this time fishing boat traffic is permitted in the center hot arm only).
And the Entire lake will be CLOSED Nov. 22-24 and Dec. 5-8th due to firearm deer hunting
on adjacent properties.
The exception will be for hunting programs with restricted usage during this time period.
For more info, contact site office at 217/498-9208 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- LINKS or Other Lake Reports outside Central Illinois. -
The complete Guide to the Carlyle Lake area.
- For Chicago area and southern Wisconsin Fishing Reports check out the
Chicago Sun-Times Outdoors section by Dale Bowman
- MARK TWAIN LAKE in Missouri
---Check Out The Fishing Reports from the Good people at South Fork Resort
- NORFORK LAKE in Arkansas
For current reports or to set up a fishing trip (we would recommend),
check STR Outfitters at www.stroutfitters.com
--- View STR Outfitters Facebook page click here
for real time up to date each day or read Tom´s fishing blog here at http://stroutfitters.blogspot.com
If you are thinking of Fishing or Hunting this year
Check the Reports & specials from Tom Reynolds of STR Outfitters
[ HOME ]