- Few more New Reports recently.
- Fall or Winter weather here with snow in forecast for Thursday.?
A couple anglers talking Ice already.?
- Seems like the Crappie bite may be moving out deeper at some lakes.?
This can be a great time for fishing and we hope you have not hung up your rods yet.
- The Fall colors were Great till the rain & wind.
- The fall pesky thing now is the leaves and stuff on the water that gets on your line..
We learned a good trick several years ago while trolling, it was to keep your rod tip underwater so
the stuff does not get on your line..
- We welcome any info or reports you wish to share with others in our updates..
- Check our site for other Fishing info and Events or just to get our Email..
Also check our ITEMS FOR SALE page
* Again - THANKS To All Who Support our site and shared reports, stories and photos -
We Truly Appreciate them all.!!
-- Get OUT and ENJOY the Outdoors with Fall Colors & some GOOD FALL FISHING too.
** NOTE -- During late Fall & Winter seasons and with waterfowl hunting seasons for Illinois,
some lakes are CLOSED or Partially CLOSED to fishing (Check below in reports).
- With that, there will be many becoming preoccupied distracted with upcoming fall hunting seasons.
For us it signals the nearing of Good Fishing season with less crowded lakes and pleasant conditions.
* But this will make for fewer Fishing Reports..
-- Hope you can Get Out and ENJOY some GOOD FISHING.
- This would be a good time to Prep Your
Inflatable PFD for Fall
* This also would be a good time to set-up your guided trips for the Great Fall Fishing..
- Consider hiring a local guide for a fish catching day out. They will not only provide good info
but you will learn some useful fish catching techniques.
Check with the Guides that sponsor this page & those listed in our reports below.
* Or, Check with us for a list of Guides we recommend...
* CHECK OUR - ITEMS FOR SALE Page - For :
Fishing Gear & SHOTGUN SCOPE & MISC - New Items !
- - Notes Of Interest : -
- Through a partnership with boating safety nonprofit the Sea Tow Foundation, Lake Shelbyville
has opened a new
Life Jacket Loaner Station available at Lake Shelbyville.
- Wear Your Life Jacket: Life jackets save lives,
& IL law requires life jackets or life vests (personal floatation devices, PFDs)
for each person aboard a boat or other watercraft.
** For ILLINOIS
Boat REGISTRATION & SAFETY ACT INFORMATION
- The U.S. Coast Guard has a Free boating safety app mainly designed to provide additional boating safety resources for mobile device users.
designed to provide additional resources for mobile users.
USCG app download info & more
* The New 2018 Illinois Fishing Information guide is now available in PDF format
on the IDNR website .
Regulations in this guide are effective through March 31, 2019.
* * There are some NEW LIMIT REGS for 2018 *
- The IDNR is asking for your help to gain important information about Muskies caught in Illinois waters
by reporting them via
Muskie Creel Survey Report Card
The information gained from anglers is invaluable. This survey is jointly sponsored by the Illini Muskies Alliance and the IDNR.
Completing this form as soon as you can after your catch is much appreciated!
* Mike´s Minnow Bucket
west of El Paso is CLOSED for the season.
- Mike wishes to say THANKS to all his customers for all the support and
hopes to see you all again next season..! * & THANKS Mike for being There for us anglers.!
* One big thing to remember is no matter how fishing may be for us anglers,
those Bait Shop owners have worked hard to keep the best fresh baits for us all to catch fish.
Please make sure to stop by and support those local (family run) bait shops for your bait,
supplies and for current reports and/or tips. This will help to assure they make enough to
stay in business and will be there for all us anglers when we need bait.
- Check our sponsors on the right for your baits, tackle, guide options and more.
Visit their website links on the right.. -----------------------------------------------> > >
** NOTE -- During Winter season & with waterfowl hunting seasons for Illinois,
some lakes are CLOSED or Partially CLOSED to fishing.
-- Check below in reports for the Closure dates, with more info adding as provided to us..
For State site Closures or partial Closures due to weather or hunting seasons,
IDNR Closures page for full list & more info as they update it.
* You should contact the lake or site directly for Closure updates and/or winter hours before going.
- - For Waterfowl Season DATES
RICE LAKE - This Area is CLOSED to Boat Fishing through Waterfowl Season
and will Re-Open at end of Central Duck & Goose season..
** Maybe outside our Central IL reporting area,
The Morrison-Rockwood´s State Park,
Lake Carlton boat ramp will be CLOSED for the 2018 season
for construction of a new ramp
and boat docks. They are sorry for the inconvenience. THANKS Mickey for sharing this.!
For - OTHER LAKE REPORTS Outside Illinois -
can be found at bottom of this page or Click HERE
* And Check Tom Reynolds of STR Outfitters tips
- ILLINOIS RIVER
- - Near STARVED ROCK and downstream:
- River was up slightly
- Sauger FAIR-SLOW most small - pullin floaters or crankbaits near 39 bridge area
- Only report was that White Bass were FAIR-GOOD on trolled crankbaits
and few on jig/minnow, with many from shallow side 8-11 foot.
Bill Guerrini of Spring Valley Walleye Club tells us:
"Barto Landing will be CLOSED for 5 to 10 days.
Construction of our ´rock berm´ started on Tuesday 11-06-18
and should conclude by 11-15-18 (weather permitting)."
THANKS Bill !
ANDERSON LAKE - Site Office 309-759-4484
- - THIS AREA IS CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING
in Main Lake during waterfowl season with bank fishing Only allowed.
And Re-Opens on Dec. 26th..
ARGYLE LAKE - In Argyle State Park SW of Macomb off US 136 309-776-3422
-- This is a " No Wake " Lake for those with motors over 10hp.
* * This is one of the sites stocked for Fall Trout Fishing Season
that has been underway for 3 weks.
BANNER MARSH - 3 access points on Routes 24/9 3 mi. NE of Banner,
with a 25HP limit. (309-647-9184)
** THIS AREA is CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING..!
AND BANK FISHING ONLY ALLOWED AFTER 1PM but NO FISHING ALLOWED in EAST POINT ACCESS AREA, (lakes to the East)
which is CLOSED TO ALL FISHING to provide a GOOSE REFUGE AREA during season till Feb. 1st - -
DOUBLE T STATE FISH and WILDLIFE AREA (3 miles northwest of Canton)
-- This is a " No Wake " Lake
* * THIS LAKE IS CLOSED TO FISHING
for the Season - And
will re-Open February 1st --
EMIQUON PRESERVE - Between Havana and Dickson Mounds Museum on IL Route 78
* Want to REMIND anglers of the Rules at Emiquon,
and Rule #10 = No live bait except worms.
- - Check their website for updated rules & permits required, or go to Official Site RULES file.
and Rule #6 = No boating, fishing or ice skating access before 12:00 pm during waterfowl hunting season.
Lake users should be aware that hunting might occur on the Preserve other times as well.
* A LAKE ACCESS PERMIT is required for boating and fishing Each Year - Free &
available at Dickson Mounds Museum, 10956 N Dickson Mounds Rd, Lewistown, IL from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call The Nature Conservancy at (309) 547-2730.
** REMINDER : Fishing is ONLY Allowed from noon to sunset During
the Central zone waterfowl hunting season..
EVERGREEN LAKE - North of Bloomington to Exit #8 on I-39, and West just over 1-mile and turn left (south) at sign.
* This Lake has BOATING FEES and Evergreen Lake remains a 10 hp (or less) lake.
** Evergreen Lake BAIT SHOP
And BOAT RENTAL are CLOSED For The Season.
- Mike shared this report from 11/4/18 with Jared :
"Medium sized Crappie were biting well, had to search the coves for them,
A few small Stripers showed up also."
* * A Reminder COMLARA Park/Evergreen Lake WILL BE CLOSED to general use during
the Firearm Portion Of Deer Management Program: Nov. 16 - 18 & Nov. 29 - Dec. 2, 2018.
ALL of the Park and Lake will be Closed with the exception of the front section of the Campground for camping and Campground Cove & The Pumphouse for shoreline fishermen. Thank you for your cooperation.
- A SOUTHERN PART OF EVERGREEN LAKE - AROUND DEER ISLAND & ALL OF SIX-MILE CREEK BAY
IS CLOSED TO GAS MOTORS through JAN. 1st
to allow resting areas for migratory waterfowl. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO STILL RUN A TROLLING MOTOR ONLY, IN THOSE AREAS.
HEIDECKE LAKE - site office ph 815/942-6352
* * Lake is CLOSED to Fishing for the season till typically April 1st
HENNEPIN-HOPPER LAKES -
2 miles South of Hennepin off IL Route 26, turn West on Road 810N & then next right.
* * Lakes are CLOSED for season.. and will Re-Open spring 2019.
For the complete Rules & Regs details, click HERE
LAKE BLOOMINGTON - North of Bloomington to Exit #8 on I-39, and East for 3 1/2-miles.
---This Lake does have a BOATING FEE with a 40hp limit and Permit Required.
- Bass were FAIR-SLOW on plastics, crankbaits, and jigs along weeds or timber.
- Catfish were SLOW.
- Crappie are SLOW-FAIR and scattered on jigs and/or minnows.
- Couple Walleye caught over weekend
** For a guide trip to Lake Bloomington or Evergreen Lake
contact Paul Center of Angling Adventures at 309-454-8942
LAKE EUREKA - This Lake is only 30 acres
- Eureka Lake is starting over with the restock of fish
PJ Star story
LAKE SHELBYVILLE - Between Shelbyville and Sullivan -
LAKE INFO LINE (217) 774-2020 and
LAKE PROJECT OFFICE (217) 774-3951.
- Crappie Guide Terry Davis tells us:
"Well it´s my favorite time of the year and the fall bite
is great. This will continue until we see some ice and
then the ice fishing will be pretty good. I´ve targeted the
Crappie in a few different ways with success in all. We
have corked them about 18 inches under a bobber,
we have slip corked them around 8 ft under a bobber
then we have vertical jigged in about 8-9 ft of water.
It´s been a lot of fun and if you´re wanting to get in on
the action before the ice gets here visit us at:
for more info or to book a trip.
- Catfish were said to be FAIR last weekend along breaks or ledges on shad
- Walleye are FAIR-SLOW along breaks
- WhiteBass were FAIR at times on 2-jigs/twister
* *The 29th Annual Lake Shelbyville Deer Hunt for People with Disabilities will be during the first firearm season -
* As a safety precaution, Lone Point and Lithia Springs Campgrounds and all of Sullivan Beach, Wilborn Creek,
Coon Creek and Opossum Creek Recreation areas will be CLOSED to all automobile
and pedestrian traffic from 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15 to 7 p.m. Sunday Nov. 18
McMASTER LAKE at - SNAKEDEN HOLLOW - - NW of Peoria, just 1 1/2 miles East of Victoria South off IL Route 167,
and there is a 10HP limit. 309-879-2607
** THIS LAKE is CLOSED TO FISHING for the Season,
and will Re-Open on February 1st. -
PRAIRIE LAKE in Jim Edgar/ Panther Creek State F&W Area - 217-452-7741
-- This is a " No Wake " Lake for motors over 10hp
* Reminder of Partial Closures
during Waterfowl Season -
- from Nov. 1st to Jan. 15th
Lake access is CLOSED until after 12:01 PM
on Wednesday & Saturday.
REND LAKE -
- While planning to make a Fishing trip to Rend Lake, make sure to look into
a stay at the new
Gun Creek Fin, Fur & Feathers Sportsmens Club and ask about guided fishing too..
- We heard the Crappie were Really GOOD past few days..!
- - Read the latest Fishing Report from US Army Corps who says:
"Please fish safely! Always wear your PFD when on the water!
You could find yourself in the water unexpectedly with little advance warning."
SHABBONA LAKE -
- - This Lake has a 10-horsepower limit.
-- Not much reported.?
- Bass were little SLOW
- Crappie were FAIR on jigs and/or minnows
- Saw a blog of couple Perch caught over weekend on minnows.
- Couple small Muskie caught were FAIR-SLOW trolling
SPRING LAKE (South & North) - Just south of Pekin off Manito Blacktop,
5 miles northwest of Manito, and there is a 25HP limit. (309-968-7135)
** THIS AREA is CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING in Hunting Area as of Oct. 20th
-- with BANK FISHING ALLOWED ONLY AFTER 1pm--
- AREAS THAT REMAIN OPEN TO BOATS ALL DAY ARE NORTH OF MAPLE ISLAND with ramp at
north end at the Sky Ranch Road launch and IN PIKE HOLE with carry in boats --
and Shore Fishing is allowed in entire lake after 1pm in Hunting areas or at boat ramps all day..
WILDLIFE PRAIRIE PARK LAKES -
Fishing is open during Park hours that opens at 9am every day. Call (309) 676-0998 for details
-- Anglers will enter and exit the park like all other visitors. A general admission fee is charged
at the main gate or yearly membership privileges are applicable.
-- Fishing in all these lakes will be from shore, belly boats, or portable boats.
ONLY electric motors are allowed.
-- IDNR Statewide sport fishing regulations will be in effect and enforced.
* For More Rules, Regs and fishing lakes map,
- - - - CENTRAL ILLINOIS POWER PLANT LAKES - - - -
BALDWIN LAKE - Just north of Baldwin off Route 154. - site Office 618-785-2555
--- There is a 50hp motor limit
* A SOUTHERN PORTION OF LAKE is CLOSED During Waterfowl Season
till Feb. 1st
-- Hours may vary & Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Check with site Office 618-785-2555 as these times may change.!
BRAIDWOOD LAKE -
-- Daily Hours are 6 am - sunset
** THIS LAKE is CLOSED for the season..
CLINTON LAKE - Three miles east of Clinton off Route 10 or 54 Ph 217/935-8722.
A PORTION OF LAKE FROM ABOUT IP POINT UP TO 54 BRIDGE IS CLOSED
REMEMBER an easterly area of Clinton Lake (The Waterfowl Refuge Area) between the DeWitt Bridge East (CH14) and the Rt. 48 Bridge
is CLOSED and remains Closed typically until April 1st ..?
- Crappie Guide Terry Davis tells us:
"Lake is really starting to cool off and that has the fish
heading shallow. We experienced fish so shallow you
could see them hit the jig under the cork. There are a lot
of fish shallow right now but also fish in the 10ft range.
- Dustin & Josh won another tournament on Clinton last
weekend where they primarily stuck to 4-6 ft of water on
minnows. As it gets colder, Clinton will only get better.
There’s even better fishing to come which is exciting.
Visit us at: www.clintonlakecrappieguide.com
for more info or to book a trip.
- Catfish were FAIR-GOOD on cut shad
- Couple Walleye caught on crankbaits
- WhiteBass were FAIR on small spinners, bladebaits and jig/minnow
- Check with Ol´ Joe for latest Fishing Reports and ALL your fishing needs..!
Also: Joe is trying very hard to sell his business in 2018, so if anyone is interested,
please call him at 217-935-6244. * * Health issues is reason & Joe is trying to keep shop OPEN as long as he can take it.!
- He is offering a Great Deal on this shop, property and Includes his Huge inventory..!
-- Turn-Key operation, 1 1/2 acres Bait Shop is only 6 years old and another building next door.
COFFEEN LAKE - SE of Hillsboro off Rt 127 or south of Coffeen off Rte 185, site office 217-537-3351.
-- There is a 25hp motor limit.
* During the Central Zone waterfowl season: No fishing north of the railroad tracks (upper pool) until after 1pm daily
through Jan. 31st
- Bass were FAIR on plstics, crankbaits with couple on topwater too.
- Bluegills are FAIR at times on waxworms
- Catfish are FAIR-GOOD on dip baits, crawlers and cut baits
LAKE SPRINGFIELD - At Springfield off I-55 Exit 94 and go to east.
- Bass were little SLOW recently
- Catfish were FAIR mostly on shad
- Crappie are FAIR on jigs and/or minnows
--- Check with Trevor at Big Reds Bait and Tackle for your bait and current reports
at 2193 Stevenson Drive in Springfield just a mile west from the lake dam.
You can call them at (217) 679-1800
** While there, Check out his New baits and the KRAZY BLADES
- One of the best White Bass, Walleye and Crappie Lures made..! BigRedsBait.com
LaSALLE LAKE -
- Lake is Open Daily to fishing 6 am - sunset..
* Reminder or boaters, the new wind velocity rule of 12 mph will cause the ramps to be CLOSED.
With the windy days we have - it would be a good idea to
Call ahead at (815) 357-1608 to enquire on openings.
** THIS LAKE is CLOSED for the season..
NEWTON LAKE - 16-17 miles southeast of Effingham off Route 33.
As written in the fishing regs booklet :** The cold arm of Newton Lake shall be CLOSED daily
from one-half hour before sunrise until 1:00 pm to all fishing and boat traffic except for legal waterfowl hunters
during waterfowl season commencing with regular duck season through the close of the Canada goose and regular duck season.
* For here - Regular South Zone Waterfowl Season for 2018: Nov. 22 - Jan. 31
- Bass were FAIR and even better at times early in week
- Catfish were FAIR on cut baits but slowed little past 2-days
- Very few reports on Crappie that have been FAIR-SLOW
POWERTON LAKE - One mile south of Pekin off Route 29 along Manito Blacktop.
---- site Office 309-968-7135
* LAKE is CLOSED to ALL FISHING for the season -
- Lake Will RE-OPEN to Shore Fishing on Dec. 24th
- but - Will Remain CLOSED TO BOAT FISHING Until Feb. 15th -
SANGCHRIS LAKE - South of Springfield off I-55 Exit 82 - go east on Route 104 about 10 miles.
-- Lake has a 25HP limit, Lake site office # 217/498-9208 from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- - No New Reports
- - Check with Trevor at Big Red´s Bait and Tackle for current reports
at 2193 Stevenson Drive in Springfield on your way to lake..
* * THE WEST and EAST ARMS OF LAKE and Small AREA NEAR DAM IS CLOSED DURING WATERFOWL SEASON to boat traffic
through Jan. 31, 2018
(during this time fishing boat traffic is permitted in the center hot arm only).
The exception will be for hunting programs with restricted usage during this time period.
For more info, contact site office at 217/498-9208 from 8 a m- 4 pm Monday through Friday.
** For guided Catfish trips on Sangchris Lake, contact Jason Hill of Hill´s Guide Service
217-855-2692 - or www.illinoiscatfishguide.com
- LINKS or Other Lake Reports outside Central Illinois. -
- For Chicago area and southern to central Wisconsin Fishing Reports check out the
Chicago Sun-Times Outdoors section by Dale Bowman
- MARK TWAIN LAKE in Missouri
---Check Out The Fishing Reports from the Good people at South Fork Resort
- NORFORK LAKE in Arkansas
For current reports or to set up an Awesome fishing trip (we highly recommend),
check Tom Reynolds of STR Outfitters at www.stroutfitters.com
- Here is latest Report (11-11-18) from Tom:
Norfork Lake´s striper bite is moving into the winter pattern. We fished both the Calamity Beach area and Fouts Marina area.
The striper bite was strong in the beginning of the week in both areas but by the end of the week the Fouts area was by far the best place to fish.
This pattern is the same as it was last year. The stripers stack up in the channel from Fouts to 6B.
Roaming schools of fish pass by moving into the creeks to feed. We caught them all day long each day we fished.
The last good bite on Wednesday was at 3:30 in the afternoon. They will stay in waters from 28 to 35 foot until
the bait moves out towards Crystal Cove then you should find them in 40 to 60 feet of water.
We are using shad but shiners will be an effective substitute to shad. The best method is downlines set off the bottom about 2 feet.
I also had 1 rod set about 20 feet down to catch the roving hybrids that are in the higher water column.
Float and Panther Creeks should also hold stripers plus Big Creek. Follow the same pattern, find the bait and the stripers are nearby.
The crappie bite is very strong on the deep brush piles limits are being caught using a small spoon or minnows.
The white bass bite is strong on the flats by Cranfield Island and the big flat about Fouts using small spoons.
- Tom & Sean Reynolds have fished Lake Norfork for over 52 years and they guide out of Tracy Ferry Marina.
Tracy Ferry Marina is the only marina on Norfork Lake that has 24 fuel. You can get gas anytime using your credit card.
You can reach Tom at www.stroutfitters.com ,
or on Facebook
* We have fished with Tom a couple times and would highly recommend you contact him for your next fishing trip.!
- Read about our Outdoor Writers/Broadcasters Visit some years ago at
[ HOME ]